Click on title of post to Check out the first edition of COHBE’s newsletter at this link: <SHOP Talk (https://cohbe NULL.custhelp NULL.com/ci/documents/view/1/AvMG~wrbDv8S~xb~Gv8e~yJRIP8qfSv5x~xc_j7~Pv_V)>
Request to be receive the newsletter by emailing: email@example.com
National, Colorado elections push five key health reforms down road
POSTED: 11/09/2012 12:01:00 AM MST
UPDATED: 11/10/2012 09:17:36 AM MSTBy Michael Booth
The Denver Post
Coloradans backing major expansions of insurance and other pivotal health reforms briefly rejoiced in this week’s election results, then immediately resumed a 14-month sprint to key deadlines.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21961336/national-colorado-elections-push-five-key-health-reforms?source=email (http://www NULL.denverpost NULL.com/news/ci_21961336/national-colorado-elections-push-five-key-health-reforms?source=email)
Notice of Rulemaking
Notice is hereby given pursuant to § 24-4-109, C.R.S., that a public rulemaking hearing will be held before the Colorado Commissioner of Insurance.
August 1, 2012
Colorado Division of Insurance
1560 Broadway, Suite 850, RM B 1:00 pm
Denver, CO 80202
The following rules are proposed to be heard:
|1-1-7 (http://www NULL.dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us/insurance/regs/p1-1-7_08012012 NULL.pdf)
||MARKET CONDUCT RECORD RETENTION
|1-2-7 (http://www NULL.dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us/insurance/regs/p1-2-7_08012012 NULL.pdf)
||CONCERNING MANAGING GENERAL AGENTS
|2-2-1 (http://www NULL.dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us/insurance/regs/p2-2-1_08012012 NULL.pdf)
||CONCERNING PUBLIC ENTITY SELF-INSURANCE POOLS
|2-2-2 (http://www NULL.dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us/insurance/regs/p2-2-2_08012012 NULL.pdf)
||CONCERNING EMPLOYERS WORKERS’ COMPENSATION SELF-INSURANCE POOLS
|4-6-5 (http://www NULL.dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us/insurance/regs/p4-6-5_08012012 NULL.pdf)
||CONCERNING SMALL EMPLOYER GROUP HEALTH BENEFIT PLANS, THE BASIC AND STANDARD HEALTH BENEFIT PLANS, AND PREVENTIVE SERVICES
|4-7-1 (http://www NULL.dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us/insurance/regs/p4-7-1_08012012 NULL.pdf)
||HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS
|5-1-10 (http://www NULL.dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us/insurance/regs/p5-1-10_08012012 NULL.pdf)
||RATE AND RULE FILING SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE
A written comment period will be permitted for three business days after the public hearing. These written comments shall be available for public inspection at the Division of Insurance (“Division”). Please send all comments, questions, and requests for information to the Division via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (doirar null@null dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us). Please reference the proposed or amended regulation in the subject line.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in this hearing, please notify Christine Gonzales-Ferrer (303) 894-2157, or send an e-mail to email@example.com (doirar null@null dora NULL.state NULL.co NULL.us) , at least one week prior to the hearing.
FRAHU Board Meeting – June 6, 2012
Present Board Members: Joni Reents; Penny Nikel; Judy Heiserman; Mary Heidbrier; Claudia Maciuk; (and Sheri Gabor and Mike Wilbanks as members).
Absent Board Members: Ken Sloan; Kaye Pyle; Hilary McCart; Matt Benchich; Rachel McCarter; Dorothy Marshall.
The meeting minutes from May and the Treasurer’s Report were approved by a majority vote of the board taken by email.
- The savings account balance is $2,001.21
- The bank account balance is $8,003.88
- $171 will be sent to Our Center from the donations that we received for Our Center.
- Joni will check to see if her computer back up company can include our FRAHU computer at no cost.
- We are looking for a chair for this position.
Professional Development (Education/Programs):
- June 28th: Picnic
- We will have Rachel resend the invitation
- Since we are charging to attend, and we have a sponsor, we are going to provide all of the food.
- Claudia will pick up the items from Costco (cups, silverware, plates, etc.)
- Joni will bring the non-alcohol drinks, ice, and a cooler.
- Mary will make updates on the website.
- Joni will resend the updated invitation to Freddie for the CSAHU newswire and website.
- July 17th:
- Dorothy is putting together a letter to send to the legislators
- Mary will contact Trevor to get event registration setup online
- We are looking for a chair for this position.
- Mary will talk to Rachel regarding sending out the June and July event communications.
- Sheri is working on finding us an intern.
- Add this committee to FRAHU Bylaws as a new position.
Additional Items of discussion:
- We will need to hold the election and swear in officers at the June meeting.
- Penny – Strategic Planning Session, June 28th at 2:00 PM at the Marshall’s house in Boulder
- National Convention: June 24-27 (Joni and Penny will be attending)
- Region Vll Meeting: August 16-17 at the Embassy Suites downtown.
FRAHU Connects Benefit Mall Breakfast Meeting
Breakfast Meeting – 7:30am-10:30am
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Kaiser Rock Creek Medical Center, Aspen Room 1, Lafayette CO
No Cost to Attend
Please RSVP by ordering a Ticket
Hello CSAHU Membership:
- You are encourage to visit the ”Get Covered Colorado” website at www.getcoveredco.org (http://www NULL.getcoveredco NULL.org) to keep up on the developments of the Colorado Exchange.
- The primaries are quickly approaching, make sure you pay special attention to who is supporting our industry.
- Many special thanks go to our CSAHU Lobbyist Dome Strategies – Jenn, Jerry & Kara for all their efforts during this legislative session and the tireless hours put in by our State Legislative Chair Joel Rosenblum and our NAHU Exchange Coordinator Jim Sugden.
Should you have any questions, you can reach out to your CSAHU Legislative Chair:
Joel Rosenblum, Insurance for Asset Protection
Phone: 303-499-0623 Fax: 303-499-1362
www.Joelrosenblum-insurance.com (http://www NULL.Joelrosenblum-insurance NULL.com)